Distance learning programs (e-learning) will offer from the new academic year (2012-13) the University of the Aegean, at 15 different cognitive objects and scientific fields within the framework of action on Lifelong Learning.
These are programs to enhance the professional training and specialization of the theoretical background, with modules not included in the curricula of the departments and schools.
They can participate in <…>
professionals, highschool graduates, graduates, graduate students and PhDs, while they teach professors from other HEIs in the country or abroad.
«The programs are funded by the NSRF and are geared towards covering new areas in study and the labor market so that their users can specialize in the subjects they choose, "said Managing Director Nikos Lambrou.
Distance learning programs will be operational for the first time in the university since early October, and their duration varies (from four months to one year) depending on the subject, structure and extent of the study.
The 15 offerings are:
- Ancient Egypt and Aegean
- World: historical, archaeological and educational approaches,
- Organization and Management of Modern Businesses and Organizations, Automatic Processing & Retrieval of Images of Historical Documents,
- Management of Learning and Behavior Problems in the Context of the School Classroom: from Kindergarten to High School,
- Education for Sustainable Development,
- Methods of Analysis of Research Data in Social Sciences and Education Sciences, Organization and Management of Tourism Enterprises,
- Cultural Communication and Modern Technologies,
- Modern Interactive Technologies and Applications,
- School of History and Historiography,
- Online Course Planning and Development,
- XNUMXD Computer Graphics,
- e-Language Teaching,
- e-School for Parents,
- Archaeometry & Preservation of Antiquities
Stakeholders can choose to follow only specific modules from each program or program as a whole, paying the amount corresponding to them, while at the end they are certified.
In public universities, e-learning is not widespread. At the Universities of Piraeus and Athens, e-class courses are offered, while the TEI of Serres offers an e-learning platform.