Encryption on Microsoft Office files, zip, but also on USB and hard drives? Do you have no idea how it is done? We are here for you… If you want to add an extra level of security to your computer files or to the data and messages you send via email, in this video we have the solution. We have gathered the most basic daily tasks that an average user wants to protect by eliminating by far the most probable ones of a possible violation or theft and we analyze step by step how to perform them. These are practical encryption methods that will help you secure our daily work at home or in the office and you can do them simply by knowing basic computer concepts.
In the video we cover encryption in Microsoft Office files, zip, but also in USB and hard drives. Here are the minutes of the video in which the instructions for the respective encryption practice begin:
- 00:30 How to set a password in an Office file. The following steps apply to all Office programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 1:17 How to set a password in Office files via 7zip
- 2:07 How to encrypt the entire disk on our computer
- 3:42 How to encrypt a USB or external hard drive
- 4:45 How to encrypt with VeraCrypt software
- 7:15 Encryptomatic openpgp application for encrypting emails through Outlook
Useful information and related links reception
7-Zip is an open source file archive, or an application for compressing files. 7-Zip works in 7z file format, but can read and write many other file formats. The program can be used from the command line interface, the graphical user interface, or with a window-based shell integration.
VeraCrypt is an open source utility for on-the-go encryption. Software can create a virtual encrypted disk that works just like a regular disk but inside a file
Encryptomatic OpenPGP integrates closely with the Microsoft Outlook menu system and the Windows desktop to offer the benefits of OpenPGP email and file encryption, so that even non-technical users can benefit.