The Chromebook are a favorite choice of many users, mainly due to their simplicity. However, their capabilities are a bit limited. Not all video calling services support Chrome OS. The Google Duo, but it works very well on Chromebooks. See more below.
Google has two video calling services: Meet and Duo. Google Meet is primarily used for work-related teleconferencing, while Duo is for personal use only. Both work well in Chromebook, but here we will talk about Google Duo.
There are two ways you can use Google Duo on a Chromebook. You can just use it site duo.google.com in the Chrome browser or Android Google Duo app.
Google Duo on the internet
Using Google Duo online is the easiest way to use the Chromebook service. All you need is a browser, which you can easily find on a Chromebook.
Basically, all you have to do is Visit duo.google.com and sign in to your account. You will need your phone to verify your phone number.
Once connected you will you can use Google Duo on your Chromebook to connect with your acquaintances.
Google Android app
Many Chromebooks have access to Google Play Store. Therefore, if you do not want to use the internet and prefer the application experience, you can download the Google Duo app which works on Android smartphone and tablet.
- Open it Google Play Store from the app drawer.
- Look for “Google Duo”And click on“Installation".
- Once the installation is complete, click on “Opening".
- Before proceeding, you will be asked to provide the Duo with some royalties. These include: accessing contacts, taking photos and recording videos, recording audio.
- Click on "To be allowed".
- You will be automatically logged in to the Google account associated with your Chromebook profile (shown at the bottom of the screen). If this is the account you want to use, you are done!
- However, if you do not want to use this account with Duo, you can disconnect from the settings. Click the three-dot menu icon in the search bar and select “Settings".
- From there, select “Account”From the top of the Settings.
- Click on “Exit the Duo on this device".
- Confirm that you want to log out by clicking the “buttonGoing Out", In the pop-up message.
- After that, you will be asked if you want to sign in again with the same Google Account. Click on "Failure".
- You can now enter the phone number associated with the other Google Duo account you want to use and click “Agree".
- A verification code will be sent to this phone number. Type it into the Duo app on your Chromebook to continue.
- You can go to Settings> Account and add your Google account.
To make a call with the Duo, use the search bar to find contacts or enter a phone number. You can also make a group call by tapping "Create group".