You want to create bitmap images in Windows 11; If yes, then you are very lucky because the process is very easy in the new operating system. In fact, you can create bitmap images or BMP file using either the context menu of Windows 11 or the new options that come with the redesigned Windows Explorer.
Create BMP or Bitmap files in Windows 11 using the Context Menu
Here's how to create a bitmap file in the folder of your choice:
- First, open the folder in which you want the file to be located.
- Right-click the empty space in the folder to open the context menu.
- Hover over the "New item" button.
- Click on the option that says "Bitmap image".
- This is how the bitmap image is created. Open it with the application you want.
Create BMP or Bitmap files in Windows 11 using Windows Explorer
Redesigned Windows Explorer also offers an easy way to create new files.
- Open the folder where you want the file to be located.
- At the top with the available options, click the drop-down menu icon on the New Folder button.
- Click on the option that says "New item".
- Select the Bitmap image.
- The bitmap image has been created. Open it with the desired application.
As you can see, creating a BMP file in Windows 11 is extremely easy with both methods!