Google Photos uses it lock screen on Google Pixel smartphone. So, if you use a fingerprint to unlock your phone, you should also use it to open the "Locked Folder". There is also integration with the Google Camera app.
Hide photos in the Locked Folder
- First, it needs to be done setup of the Locked Folder.
- Open it Google Photos application on a Pixel 3 or newer Pixel smartphone. Then go to “Utilities"On the tab"Library".
- Scroll down and select “Locked Folder".
- If you are already using a screen lock method, you will be prompted to enter it.
- If you do not use a method, the application will ask you to configure one by leading you to the Settings application.
- After selecting a lock method, you can go back to Google Photos and select “Move Items".
- Select all the photos you want to move to the Locked Folder and press the “Move“, Located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You also have the option to add a photo to the Locked Folder while viewing it on your screen. Click the menu icon with the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Then select “Move to Locked Folder".
How to save photos directly to Locked Folder with Google Camera
You can skip the step of moving photos in Locked Folder using the Google Camera app. With this method, any photo or video you take will go straight to the Locked Folder.
- Open the default Google Camera app on your Pixel 3 or newer Pixel phone.
- In the upper right corner, click the folder icon.
- Select "Locked Folder" from the menu.
- After that, you can take photos and videos, which will be automatically transferred to the Locked Folder in Google Photos (purple lock icon).
That's it! You can access the Locked Folder via the Utilities section at any time. This way, you can have your photos protected!