Her pleasant, feminine voice AlexaOf virtual assistant designed by Amazon, is heard in millions of homes in recent years. However, the company has now decided to provide him virtual assistant Alexa and with a male voice. Η Apple and Google have been offering this feature to their virtual assistants for years. Although Amazon is a little late, it is finally giving this option to Alexa.
The most interesting thing, however, is that in addition to the two main voices, Amazon has included voices of some celebrities (Now you can choose between Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O'Neal and Melissa McCarthy). These voices are programmed to work with specific phrases and answer selected questions. They also cost $ 5 each. Any question not supported by the selected celebrity voice will be answered by the normal Alexa voice.
There are two ways you can change Alexa voice on devices Echo: through the device itself or through Alexa app, although it is better to prefer the app.
The voice change is valid only for the Echo device you are currently using. If you want to change Alexa voice to male, on multiple Echo speakers or monitors, you have to do it separately. Also, it is not possible to change the voice of Alexa used by the smartphone app itself.
Here's how to change Alexa voice on an echo device:
- Say the command “Alexa change your voice".
- If you have more than one Echo device, Alexa will ask you to specify the device.
- Say the name of the device on which you want to change the voice.
- If all goes well, Alexa will respond with her new voice and confirm that it will sound like this from now on.
- If it does not work, Alexa will say “Sorry, [name of your device] does not support that".
Via Alexa app for iOS or Android:
- Click on the tab Devices bottom.
- Press the button Echo & Alexa top left.
- Tap the device on which you want to change Alexa voice.
- Press the button Settings top right.
- Scroll down and find the option for Alexa voice and tap on it.
- Select either Original Alexa voice, that is, the female voice or the news, that is, the male.
Alexa: How to use the voice of a celebrity?
Say “Alexa introduce me to [name of celebrity]".
Alexa will change her voice to sound like the celebrity you have chosen and will explain the things you can do with her. If you wish to purchase the voice, you will be asked to confirm the charge on your Amazon account.
Once activated, you can say “Hey [celeb name]”To activate the Echo device.
Source: The Verge