Most people know Parallels as "virtualization software" that makes it easy to run Windows on your Mac, but the company has an extremely useful macOS utility called the Parallels Toolbox that most people may not be aware of. Today, Parallels Toolbox 4.5 was updated with support for Apple Silicon, a new control panel for the tools you use most, and a brand new user interface.
Parallels Toolbox 4.5 includes over 45 time-saving tools for macOS, including tasks that you probably have proprietary applications to use. The most popular include:
- Download videos from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo etc.
- Quickly mute your microphone for Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Lock your desktop if you need to move away
- Create a GIF, a screenshot or capture your screen
- Find duplicate files to free up space
- Extract external drives with one click
- Turn on AirPlane to turn off all external communications
- Video conversion for iPad and iPhone synchronization
- Set a timer
- Uninstall macOS applications
- Download audio from the web
- Resize images
- See your draft history
While Parallels Toolbox 4.5 worked well with technology Rosette 2, it 's great to see that it will genuinely support Apple Silicon. The new customizable dashboard lets you quickly find your most frequently used custom tools to make them more easily accessible. The Parallels Toolbox comes with about half the number of tools available today. If you use a computer, Parallels Toolbox is also available for Windows.
Parallels Toolbox 4.5 includes a free seven-day trial and then costs only $ 19,99 / year, which includes all future updates as long as your subscription is active.
Source of information: 9to5mac.com