Changing your Apple ID password on your iPhone is a relatively simple process that you can do either directly on your device or remotely on the web. It is important to change your password if you suspect that someone else knows it or if Apple report a security breach. After all, this is something you are strongly advised to do regularly to enhance your security and prevent your account from being used by anyone else. It is a good idea to change your passwords at least quarterly. But how can you do it?;
What is my Apple ID?
The Apple ID password and Apple username are for your Apple ID account, the account that you use on all Apple devices to access the company's services, such as the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. You will have created it when you first created your Apple ID account.
What should an Apple ID password contain?
Before you change your Apple ID password, it's worth checking out Apple's relatively strict rules about what an Apple ID password should have. You should keep in mind the following:
- The Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, a uppercase, and a lowercase letter.
- You may not use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password that you used in the last year.
- If you are trying to find a secure password, you can use a password-generating site.
How to change the Apple ID password on your iPhone
- On iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, scroll to the application "Settings". Then tap on your name, which appears at the top of the screen, and then tap "Password and Security"
- press "Change password".
- Enter your device's current password or passcode, then enter a new password and confirm it.
- press "Change" ή "Change password".
- You can now sign in with the new Apple ID password and access Apple features and services.
How to change your iPhone's Apple ID password on the web
- Once you activate it browser , log in to account page your Apple ID.
- In unit Safety, Click on "Change password".
- Enter your current password, then enter a new password and confirm it. Then click "Change password".
- You can now sign in with your new Apple ID password and access Apple features and services.
Source of information: mashable.com