Homeyoutube AI: Finds which of our faces are attractive through the brain

AI: Finds which of our faces are attractive through the brain

Most argue that beauty is subjective and depends on the person who sees it. But as the AI technology, the truth is more internal.

AI persons

The concept of natural beauty comes from the mind and is defined by which characteristics we find attractive in other people's faces. These preferences represent some of our most private inner thoughts. However, this does not mean that they cannot be monitored and perhaps even predicted.

As found by a news study, The researchers used electroencephalography (EEG) measurements to determine what kind of facial features they found attractive and then fed the results into an artificial intelligence (AI) program.

The system called the Genetically Opposite Neural Network (GAN), he first became acquainted with the types of faces that individuals found desirable and then constructed entirely new specially designed faces to please them.

The experiment, conducted by a team of psychologists and computer scientists at the University of Helsinki in Finland, was like a huge session tinder for the 30 volunteers who participated.

Participants sat in front of a screen computer showing them a series of faces, none of which were real people, but realistic artificial portraits created from a database of some 200.000 images of celebrities.

In contrast to normal use of Tinder, participants also wore elastic caps fitted with electrodes designed to measure their brain activity as they looked at faces.

faces

"They had to do nothing but look at the pictures", Explains the neuroscientist Michiel Spapé. "We measured the immediate response of the brain to the images."

These individual measurements of neural activity were then evaluated by the GAN, which was able to interpret the brain responses as to how attractive each artificial face was to the viewer.

Using these data, GAN was able to create new faces updated with human EEG traction identifiers.

In a second experiment, these recently invented faces were then displayed to volunteers, who rated them for attractiveness, along with other images of randomly created faces.

Finally, the results validated the essay of the researchers, with participants rating the customized images as attractive in 80 percent of cases, while the other individuals were selected in only 20 percent.

Although a small study, it proves once again how AI technology can unravel mysteries of the human way of thinking, such as which people we find attractive.

"Success in assessing attractiveness is especially important, as this is such a strong, psychological property of stimuli", Says Spapé. "If this is possible in something both personal and subjective such as attractiveness, we may be able to consider other cognitive functions such as perception and decision making. Possibly, we could orient her device to identify stereotypes or tacit prejudices and to better understand individual differences."

Absent Miahttps://www.secnews.gr
Being your self, in a world that constantly tries to change you, is your greatest achievement

LIVE NEWS