Telegram itself has one passcode locking system. But this lock must be set separately to different Appliances. The passcode is not synchronized between devices and is not connected to Telegram account your. Note that if you forget the password, you will need to delete and reinstall it application.
In this case, you will get all your conversations back, but you will miss all the secret conversations. Messages are also deleted, as they are not synchronized with Telegram servers, but are stored locally in device.
How to protect his messages Telegram me passcode on Android?
You can protect Telegram with one pass code and fingerprint. To do this:
- Open the Telegram application at Android your device, and then press the button menu (three lines), located in the upper left corner.
- Select “Settings" and then "Privacy and security".
- In this section, click “Lock with passcode”And activate the function.
- Create one four-digit password with numbers. Write it again to save.
After this process, the password access is now ready and activated.
You will see that the function “Unlock with fingerprintIs enabled by default. If you do not want to use it, you can turn it off.
Note that by default, Telegram locks automatically after one hour. If you select the "Auto Lock" option, you can change the time. Various options are offered. You can also turn off the feature.
Once you have completed the process, press the “End”To save the changes.
If you want to lock the Telegram application manually, tap the lock icon from the Conversations screen.
If you do and try to open it application, you will be asked to unlock it with your fingerprint.
You can get out of this screen and use your passcode.
How to protect his messages Telegram me passcode at iPhone;
And on iPhone, you can password protect Telegram and gain instant access to application using touch ID ή Face ID.
- Open the Telegram app on your iPhone and go to the “tabSettings".
- Now, go to the section "Privacy and security".
- Here, select “Password and Face ID”(You may see a different name depending on your device) and press“Enable password".
- Put one six-digit code (You can click the "Password Options" button to see different password versions). You can choose one four-digit numeric code or a custom larger code with numbers and letters.
- After entering your passcode, re-enter a password to confirm.
The lock function is now activated. The ability to unlock with Face ID or Touch ID. You can turn this feature off if you want.
And on the iPhone, Telegram locks after an hour (in your absence) by default. To change it, press “Auto lock“. You can select another time or turn it off completely to manually lock it application, by tapping the lock icon in "Conversations" at the top of the screen.
The next time you open the Telegram app, it will automatically scan your face using Face ID. If you use Touch ID, you will be prompted to scan your fingerprint. Otherwise, enter the passcode you have set.
Source: How to geek