Microsoft Word is one Processor text that offers you the ability to perform various functions - one of them is to create a calendar. You can design your own calendar from scratch or choose one from library of templates Word Calendar. Creating a calendar from scratch in Microsoft Word takes a little more time and energy than use one of the templates.
- To make your own diary, open one document of Word, go to the tab "Introduction" and enter a table by clicking "Panel" in the team "Paintings".
- Here, you will see a drop-down menu. Hover over the grid to increase or decrease the number of rows and columns in the table. For the calendar, you will need a 7 × 7 table, so place the mouse pointer over the appropriate square on the grid and click to enter the table.
- After placing the 7 × 7 board, you can start formatting your calendar. First, you need to adjust the height of the squares in the table. Hover over the board and you will see one icon in the upper left corner. Right-click on this icon.
- Then select “Table Properties” from the menu.
- The window will appear “Table Properties”. Click the tab "Series", select the box next to “Height determination” and enter the desired height in the text box. 2,5 cm is a good height, but you can adjust it as you like to suit your tastes.
- It should be noted, however, that depending on your region, Word may use inches instead of centimeters by default, so make sure you set cm in the text box.
- press "OK" when you are done. The height of the boxes on your table is adjusted. You can also make some adjustments to the first two rows. Select the first two rows by clicking and dragging the cursor over them.
- Next, adjust the height of these two rows (right click on the panel icon> Table Properties> Row> Set Height) to make them a little smaller than the others. 1,5 cm is an ideal height, but you can adjust your own to suit your preferences.
- You can also click and drag the row to adjust the height if you decide it's too big for your taste.
- Now that the height of the boxes in your table has been adjusted, it is time to enter the name of the month in the top row. To do this, we need to combine the cells of the top row. Click and drag your mouse over each cell in the top row and right-click on the selected area.
- You will see a drop-down menu. Click "Cell merging". With the cells in the top row merged, enter the name of the month. Use the alignment and font style that suits your design preferences.
- Then enter the days of the week in the second row. Again, format the text to match the style you have in mind.
- Finally, enter the days of the month in each corresponding box. You can repeat the above steps for each month of the year to complete the calendar.
If you want a nice calendar, but you do not have time to create everything from scratch, you can always choose one of the templates provided by Word.
- Word has a variety of calendars readily available. To select one, open Microsoft Word and click the tab “New” in the left pane.
- Then type "Calendar" in the search box for online templates.
- Scroll through the library and select a calendar template you like by clicking on it.
- You will see a pop-up window showing a preview and a description of the calendar. Click on "Creation".
- Once selected, you can set the calendar using tools Word style.
This is just one of the many things you can design using Microsoft Word. You can also create anything - from flowcharts to flyers - using the Microsoft Design Toolkit. If you need a simple design and do not have time to invest in learning advanced design software As the Photoshop, this can probably be done in Word.
Image source: howtogeek.com