The popular messaging app WhatsApp added a new feature a while ago, which allows users cancel sending messages within one hour. Messages can be deleted in private and group WhatsApp conversations and the feature is available on platforms Android, iOS and Windows. When someone deletes messages, the recipients understand why "This message has been deleted" appears in place of the deleted message.
However, if you want to see deleted messages on WhatsApp, there are some solutions:
How to read deleted messages on WhatsApp?
1. Read messages using WhatsApp Chat Backup
If you have accidentally deleted a conversation and want to retrieve it, you can do so WhatsApp Chat backup running every night at 2 p.m. (by default). You can change the copy frequency security, to be created daily, weekly or monthly. However, they are best created in on a daily basis, as you can resume discussions before the next back up.
To restore deleted WhatsApp messages, follow these steps:
- Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall it from the Google Play Store if you use a device Android.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and enter your mobile number along with the country code in the next step.
- An option to restore conversations from a backup will appear. Click reset and WhatsApp conversations will be restored.
2. Read deleted messages using third-party applications
You can also use third-party applications to read deleted WhatsApp messages. There are many available applications on Google Play Store that allow you to retrieve WhatsApp messages that you or the sender have deleted.
An application that you may find useful in this process is “WhatsRemoved +“. The application has over 5 million downloads and is available Android users only.
Attention! Downloading such an application may not be a very good idea since A third-party application may have access to your notifications security your. If you are still interested, see the procedure below:
Read deleted messages using WhatsRemoved + App
- Download the application from Google Play Store and install it.
- Accept the terms and conditions and allow it access in notifications.
- Select WhatsApp from the list of applications to read deleted messages.
- Now, every time someone deletes a message sent to you, you will receive a notification from the app.
- To read the deleted message, open the notification and click on the "DETECTED" tab.
From there, you can read any message, even if the sender has removed it.
In addition to WhatsRemoved +, there are many other applications that serve the same purpose.
But once you restart your smartphone, the file Notification log is deleted from the Android system making it impossible to retrieve messages even with these applications.
WhatsApp: Be careful with the messages you send
The option to delete a message on WhatsApp is very useful. But that does not mean you can stay calm. The recipient may see the message before deleting it or may not run the version of WhatsApp that supports the delete function. Also, as we said above, it can find another way to acquire access in these messages.