In recent weeks, Malwarebytes users have complained that Windows network printers continue to go offline.
This issue started around October 20, when an update caused Windows network printers to be blocked from security software. When blocked, the printer appears offline, as shown below.
To resolve the issue, users found that they can do one of the following:
- Get out of Malwarebytes before printing
- Disable SNMP on the printer port
- Disable Malwarebytes Web Protection
Malwarebytes is releasing a beta fix for Consumers
For the consumer version of Malwarebytes, try one code update in beta 22.214.171.124 with the component 1.0.1112 package.
Users can install the Beta version by going to Settings> General and enabling the "Beta updates" setting, as shown below.
Currently, if you do not manage your printers via SNMP or can live without it for a while, you can turn off SNMP on Windows printers using the following steps:
- Click Start and then select> Settings> Devices> Printers and Scanners.
- Select your Printer, and then click Manage.
- Select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.
- Click the Configure Port button.
- Clear the SNMP Status Enabled check box.
- Click OK, then Close.
Once the SNMP is turned off, your printer should return to Internet.