Siri, the "smart" personal assistant that will make it easy for you to perform various tasks on your iPhone, works quite well with IMessage. You can ask Siri to send a message and it will translate it into text for you. But what if Siri does something wrong? Sending an audio message provides the solution. From iOS 14 Update, Siri can record your voice and send it as audio message. While you can send voice messages directly to application "Messages", the beauty of using your "smart" assistant is that you can do it without even picking up your iPhone - as long as you have AirPods or other headphones.
- To get started, refer to your "smart" assistant. You can do it by saying "Hey Siri" on your iPhone or AirPods. Alternatively, you can press and hold the button "Side" on your iPhone.
- Press the side button on iPhone
- Then just say "Send a voice message to (contact name)".
- Siri will display a message “OK, sign up…” and you will see Siri moving to screen you.
- Siri records a voice message
- However, you should give him one or two seconds and then start talking, because if you speak immediately, the first 1-2 seconds are cut.
- Once you are done with the message, stop talking. Siri will automatically stop recording.
- You will then see a Siri card at the top of the screen with your voice message.
- You can press the button "Reproduction", to preview the voicemail to make sure you are happy with the result. Press the button "Mission" to send the message. You can also tell "Mission" on Siri on either the iPhone or AirPods.
- Once your message is sent, Siri will display another one card at the top of the screen with her name contact to which you want to send it.
- The voice message was sent via Siri
Now, just exit the view of your personal assistant by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone screen or pressing the special button “Home”, if any.
The audio message will also be available in the "Messages" application. To find it, just open the application and then open it conversation. You will see the audio message highlighted in blue. You can press the button "Reproduction" to listen to the message you recorded. If you do not hear anything, press the button "Intensity" next to the voice message to mute the sound.
Press the button Reproduction ή Intensity to listen to the voice message
When dealing with voice messages, be aware that by default, voice messages disappear in two minutes.