The state-run IRAN newspaper reported that the cyberattacks took place on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Following the cyber-attacks, other Iranian government agencies temporarily shut down some Internet services as a precaution.
The cyber security authority in Iran has not provided further details on the cyberattacks, nor has it attributed them to a specific hacking club.
Iran has said on other occasions that it has been attacked cyberspace. For example, in December 2019, Iran's Minister of Telecommunications announced that the Ministry's infrastructure had been attacked twice in the same week.
At that time, the Iranian minister Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi said the attack was thwarted by national cybersecurity agencies. He had even linked the attack to Chinese hacking APT27 team, attacking other countries for gathering information, which it gives to its government.
In October 2019, Iran has said it fears retaliation from Western countries, who accused it of carrying out physical attacks and cyber-attacks against their infrastructure and the countries of the Middle East.
At the time, a member of the Iranian government had said that her government Washington launched an economic war against the Islamic Republic in retaliation for the downing of an American drone and attacks on oil tankers. The USA had blamed Iran for these actions.
In accordance with Securityaffairs, tensions between Tehran and Washington have increased since 2018 when the President Trump imposed new sanctions on Iran. The situation became even worse when the top American general Qasem Soleimani lost his life after an American attack.
In January, the Ministry of Homeland Security USA (DHS) had said that there were many chances of cyber-attacks from Iran in retaliation for the death of General Suleimani.