Press Release: COSMOTE Fiber: 36 new areas throughout Greece with fiber optic up to home
-Fiber lines exceeded 250.000 to the Home - Target 300.000 by the end of the year
- Guaranteed internet speed 100 and 200Mbps from € 28,90 per month with a subsidy through the Superfast Broadband action
October 12 2020
Thirty-six new areas throughout Greece now have access to 100% fiber optic to the house (FTTH) through COSMOTE Fiber, the largest fiber optic network in the country. From the beginning of the year until today, more have been added from 100.000 new lines FTTH, an increase of 70% compared to the end of 2019, despite the difficulties in developing networks due to the pandemic. In the whole territory, households and businesses who now have access to the unlimited possibilities of fiber to the home, exceed them 250.000.
The new areas gained access to infrastructure FTTH via COSMOTE Fiber-by region- are:
- Eastern Macedonia & Thrace: Drama, Kavala and Komotini
- Attica: Agia Paraskevi, Anixi, Dionysos, Ekali, Kamatero, Keratea, Koropi, Markopoulo, Nea Makri, Pikermi, Saronida and Haidari
- North Aegean: Σάμος
- West Macedonia: Kastoria and Ptolemais
- Thessaly: Trikala
- Central Macedonia: Giannitsa, Edessa, Kilkis, Naoussa and Serres. In Thessalonica, the FTTH infrastructure arrived for the first time in the municipality Epanomis, while in the municipality Oreokastro expanded to more households and businesses.
- Crete: Agios Nikolaos, Ierapetra and new areas of the municipality Chania
- Southern Aegean Sea: Ialyssos and municipality Rhodes
- Peloponnese: Corinth, Messina, Pyrgos Ilias and Tripoli
- Central Greece: Ghoul and Chalkis
Thanks to the continuous expansion of the FTTH network, the OTE Group remains first in population coverage, having installed over it 75% of the total lines FTTH of the country.
"The expansion of the Fiber to the Home network in Greece is one of the largest projects to upgrade telecommunications infrastructure in recent decades. Wherever the fiber reaches the socket, a new digital age is launched for households and businesses in the area with unlimited possibilities of connectivity and utilization of innovative technological applications. We continue to dynamically implement our investment plan, amounting to € 2 billion every four years, for the development of state-of-the-art networks, despite the difficulties of the pandemic, thanks to our technicians and the people of our technological services throughout the country. "Our goal is for FTTH to reach more than 300.000 households and businesses by the end of the year." said the Chief Officer of Technology and Operations of OTE Group, Mr. Stefanos Theocharopoulos.
Fiber optics to the house, from € 28,90
COSMOTE has the programs COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed 100 & 200Mbps from € 28,90 per month, providing guaranteed ultra-high speeds of 100 & 200Mbps with the possibility of upgrading to 1Gbps in the future.
The price is formed in combination with the special subsidy of a total amount of € 360 of the Superfast Broadband action of the Ministry of Digital Government. The action is implemented with the voucher method, which subsidizes their fixed assets COSMOTE Double Play Fiberspeed programs with € 13 / month, for a period of 24 months and the one-time connection cost with € 482. For the availability and all the necessary information about the Superfast Broadband action, those interested can visit the special site: www.sfbb.gr.
For businesses, COSMOTE has the programs COSMOTE Business Double Play Fiberspeed Basic & Full Pack from € 39,90 per month, in combination with the special grant for FTTH connection, through the Superfast Broadband action.