Microsoft has released the cumulative preview update of Windows 10 KB4571744 to address an issue that caused Windows Update to fail when customers checked for updates.
With the "Cumulative Update Preview 2020-08 for Windows 10 Version 2004 (KB4571744)" update, the version number for Windows 10 became 19041.488.
This update also corrects errors preventing the opening or the λήψη updates applications in certain scenarios, as well as another error that causes the time delay in opening them applications of Windows.
Users who have not yet installed the latest KB4570334 (SSU) update should download and install SSU through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
More details about the types of updates that Microsoft releases each month are available here.
But let's look at the highlights of KB4571744:
- Updates an issue that might prevent ActiveX content from loading.
- Informs an issue that may cause applications that use the custom text wrapping feature to stop working in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue to reduce the chance of missing fonts.
- It informs an issue that prevents them in some cases users to reduce the size of a window.
- Fixes an issue that causes the touchpad to close when you touch any key.
- Fixes a blurred connection screen problem.
- Fixes a Windows Update issue that does not respond to control for updates.
- Fixes an issue that caused File Explorer to crash while browsing raw image directories and others file types.
- Improves Windows Hello registration pages for face and fingerprint adjustment.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from unlocking a device if you entered a blank space before the username when you first logged in to device.
- It updates an issue that makes applications take a long time to open.