Ever wanted to charge it? iPhone or the iPad using a cable connected to computer you with me Windows 10, but every time you connect it, does iTunes open automatically? Because we know that opening iTunes automatically can quickly become very annoying, we have the solution to fix it. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
The "culprit" is a small one program of Apple which runs in the background and is called "iTunes Helper». This program installs when you download and install the application, and detects when one device Apple plugs into a port USB of the computer, causing the application to open automatically. To stop this from happening, you need to turn off Helper. See how:
- First, right-click the Windows 10 taskbar at the bottom screen and then select "Task Manager" from the menu that appears.
- In the Task Manager, click "More Details" at the bottom of this window.
- After the Task Manager window expands, click on the "Start" tab.
- On the Startup tab, look for the entry called "iTunes Helper" and click once to select it. Immediately after, click "Disable" in the lower right corner of the window. You'll also see another entry in the list called "iTunes Mobile Device Helper", but you won't mind. Disabling iTunes Mobile Device Helper will prevent iTunes from syncing with iTunes portable Apple devices.
- After that, close the Task Manager, do log out and then log on again or just restart your computer. The next time you connect your iPhone, iTunes will not open automatically.
If you want to skip the restart or log-off, you can also stop Helper from the Processes tab> iTunesHelper> End Task.