Netflix is available with a variety of subscription programs, including Basic, Standard and Premium. From the above packages, the Standard program offers HD quality, while 4K is available in the Premium program.
However, if you want to choose Ultra HD or HD programs, you must meet certain system requirements. See below the information that must have system to support Netflix Ultra HD and HD.
Requirements for Netflix HD Streaming at Windows 10
- Ο computer Windows 10 must have the latest feature updates.
- Must have the official Netflix application (or any web browser) and a 720p screen.
- Have a 7th generation Intel Core or higher performance processor.
- Have a link to Internet at speeds over 5 Mbps.
- Set Netflix streaming quality to Auto or High.
Requirements for Netflix 4K UHD Streaming in Windows 10
- Your computer or tablet must have the latest Windows 10 update.
- Have the official Netflix application or Microsoft Edge browser.
- To have a 60Hz screen with 4K resolution.
- Have an Intel Core i3, i5, i7 (or newer) 7th generation processor or NVIDIA GTX 1050 GPU (or higher) with a minimum of 3 GB of RAM.
- Have an Internet connection with a speed of more than 25 Mbps.
- Flow quality must be set to Automatic or High.
Note: If you can not stream Netflix Ultra HD after all the requirements are met, then you need the HEVC extension. The HEVC extension is an essential component used in computers for Ultra HD 4K video playback. You can get it HEVC video extension from the Microsoft Store for free.