Having a last name that almost no one pronounces correctly can sometimes be annoying. So LinkedIn is trying to make it easier for them users facing this problem by providing a ability that helps others pronounce your name correctly. All you have to do is record the pronunciation of your first and last name. With the recording you will no longer worry if a candidate or your future employer does not pronounce your name correctly.
- From the application home page, tap avatar of your profile in the upper left corner.
- Then select the link "Projection Profile" located at the top of the slide menu.
- You should now see your LinkedIn profile. Click on the pencil icon next to photo to edit your profile.
- Click on the link “Add name pronunciation” located under the first and last name sections.
- Allow the LinkedIn application to acquire access on your smartphone microphone.
- Press and hold the blue microphone button to record your name. You have up to 10 seconds to state the correct pronunciation of your first and last name. LinkedIn also recommends limiting any noise that can be heard around you during recording, speaking slowly and clearly spelling each of your first and last name, and keeping your phone about four inches from your mouth. .
- Press the button "Reproduction" to listen to your recording. If you are not satisfied with the result, press the button "Repetition". Select the button "Application" to add the subscription to your LinkedIn profile.
- Before you save all the changes and leave the edit page, you can set who can listen to your name pronunciation. To do this, click on the link “Visible to”.
- Select one of the two sharing options. Either all Linkedin members can hear your name (which is the default option) or only your first-class connections.
- When you are ready to leave the process of editing your LinkedIn profile, press the "Save" in the upper right corner of the screen.
Now, every time someone views your LinkedIn profile, they should see the audio icon next to your name. Select the icon in your profile or in someone else's profile to hear the pronunciation of the name.