Many users may change jobs, decide to stop using a particular email account, or just want a copy of all e-mail their. In any case, the only sure thing is that backups are necessary for users to be able to export Gmail and others Google their accounts using the function Takeout of Google. In other words, they can adjust them accounts to back up regularly.
However, it should be noted that if someone backs up a corporate account, they may find that their company has disabled Takeout. There are applications third parties who say they can back up Gmail, but users should check them policies of their company before they try them.
How can you back up your Gmail?
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- In unit Privacy and personalization, Click on "Management data and personalization ”.
- Scroll down to the section "Download, delete or create a program for your data". Click on "Download your data".
- This will take you to his page Google Takeout. Select the box next to Gmail and any other applications for which you want to back up. You have to keep in mind that some services have buttons with the indication "Multiple forms". Click this button to select the format in which your data will be received. Then click on "Next step".
- To decide how you want to receive your data, click on the arrow below "Delivery method" to view your options, including emailing a download link or adding it to DriveThe dropbox or OneDrive.
- You can also choose if you want to do export only once or every two months or up to a year, and you can also select the file type and maximum file size. If the file size is larger than the maximum allowed, it will split into many smaller files. Once you have completed your selections, click on the option "Export creation".
Your export will start. You need to keep in mind that it may take days to complete the process. Finally, you can click on the option "Cancel export" or "Create another export".