The Android can help you to block and get rid of annoying spam calls. If you block a number on Android settings will be blocked from all applications on your phone forever and without having to do any process with him your network provider. Η Google introduced the ability to block numbers a few years ago in earlier versions of Android. However, the access and adding numbers to the blocked numbers list has changed a bit. Here are all the ways you can block annoying spam calls and messages on Android.
How to exclude numbers using Google Dialer;
If you have the application installed Google Dialer on phone you can easily block unwanted numbers. To block a number, follow these steps:
- Open it application Google Dialer.
- Press the menu button, next to the microphone icon, at the top of the application.
- Click Settings
- Click Blocked Numbers
- Click Add Number
- Enter the phone number you want to block.
Alternatively, you can select any number in the list of your recent calls and select “Block / report spam“. Spam reporting is optional. You can turn it off and simply block the number. However, the report will send the number to Google and possibly mobile phone companies, which will help with the filters used for spam calls.
It is also a good idea to enable the settings "Caller ID & Spam”By Google Dialer.
- Once again, press the menu button next to the microphone icon in Google Dialer.
- Go to Settings> Caller ID & Spam.
- Enable "Caller ID & Spam" and "Spam filtering".
This is not a guarantee that all spam will be ruled out calls, however it is useful for filtering known spam numbers.
How to block numbers with the Messages application?
Google's default SMS application, Android Messages, can also add numbers to its list of blocked numbers device you.
- Open Messages
- Press the menu button in the upper right corner
- Click Blocked Contacts
- Click Add Number
- Enter the phone number you want to block
You can also tap and hold any contact in your message list and tap the circular icon “ExclusionIn the upper right corner of your screen. Once again, you will be asked if you want to report spam along with blocking the number.
How to control and block calls with Google Assistant?
If your device is running Android 9 or newer version, you can leave it Google Assistant to automatically monitors incoming calls from numbers you do not know (possible spam calls). The AI can exclude numbers.
- When your phone rings, press the "screen call" button.
- Google Assistant can answer the call for you, and you can monitor the call on the screen. As the call continues, you have several options: answer the call, hang up the phone, ask Google Assistant to ask questions or provide ready-made answers to the caller, and report the call as spam.
- If the call is finally spam, click “Report as spam“. THE Google Assistant will ask you to remove the number from the call list and then end the call. The number and the information will be sent to Google for possible inclusion in the list of spam numbers. The number will be blocked from your phone.
What happens when you exclude spam numbers on Android?
After blocking a number on Android, you will no longer receive spam calls and messages from this number. These calls will be sent directly to the voicemail, and the messages will appear as if they had been successfully sent, but will never be read.
Although you will not see incoming spam calls and you will not receive missed call notifications from blocked numbers, Filtered calls are still displayed in the call history. Blocked numbers can also leave you voicemails. You will not receive notification from voicemail, but you can listen to them by controlling your voice mailbox. Similarly, messages from these numbers will not appear in your incoming messages and you will not receive notifications even though they are still being sent to your phone. You can find blocked messages in the Messages application:
- Open the Messages application.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Click "Blocked Messages".
From here you can read, delete or send messages from a blocked number to your inbox.