Steps a company must follow:
- Make sure you have it software Always be up to date and have frequent checks for viruses or other malware.
- Regularly check the access of your employees and remove those that are no longer needed.
- Always be careful when clicking on a link or downloading / opening an attachment.
In addition you should encourage your customers and employees to:
- They create complex codes access and change them regularly.
- Never share passwords with anyone else.
- Use it multi-factor authentication where possible.
However, it is important for companies to take physical protection measures and ask their employees and customers to follow them as well. Such measures are:
- Make sure that if an employee leaves your business, all access to the company's systems is disabled and he or she does not even have physical access to them.
- Be careful when meeting customers in public places, to lock its screen computer and do not leave any documents outside the company.
- Confirm the corruption of the records you do not need by using a secure file destruction service.
- Minimize the use of documents and keep what you use in a safe place, away from those who should not have access to it.
- Use security systems, such as cameras and alarms on business premises.
It is also important to check new customers and partners, but also to frequently identify customers and partners, especially when the cooperation is mainly by phone or e-mail.