The Google Chrome Password Manager allows you to save usernames and passwords access and use them automatically to connect to sites you are visiting. How, however, can you take the saved passwords with you when going from and to Chrome; The following guide can help you in the process of importing, exporting and backuping Google Chrome.
Many users turn to the web browser and use it as a password manager to store passwords as they link to sites. As Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, it's important to understand how you can manage to import and export stored passwords. access in the browser.
Passwords must be stored in a secure location in the event of an emergency.
How to import saved passwords into Google Chrome
Go to another browser in Google Chrome: You can import stored credentials by Internet Explorer or him Firefox.
To enter the saved passwords from these browsers follow these steps:
1. Open Chrome, type chrome: // settings / importData in the Google Chrome address bar and press enter.
2. You will see a screen asking from which browser you want to enter your bookmarks and settings. From the drop-down menu, you can enter saved passwords from Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Select the browser from which you want to enter the passwords.
3. A screen will now appear asking what data you want to enter. Clear all items other than "Saved Passwords" as shown below.
4. Now click on the "Import" button and the saved ones codes will be entered. If the browser from which you enter passwords is open, you may be asked to close it.
5. To access the entered passwords, open it Chrome Password Manager writing chrome :/ / settings / passwords in the address bar and pressing enter.
Passwords will be displayed in the section "Saved passwords".
6. You can now quit Chrome or continue using it.
How to export and backup stored passwords in Google Chrome
If you want to export the saved passwords from Google to back up security or to import them into another program, you can export them as CSV file.
To export Google Chrome passwords, follow these steps:
1. Open Chrome, type chrome: // settings / passwords in the address bar and press enter.
2. You will now be in Google Chrome Password Manager.
Above the "Saved passwords" section, click the Chrome menu and select "Export passwords…", as shown below.
3. A screen will now appear asking if you are sure you want to extract the passwords. Click the "Export passwords." Button to continue.
4. If you use Windows 10, a final control message will be displayed identity asking you to enter your password or PIN.
5. Once you authenticate in Windows, a "Save As" dialog box will appear. Select the folder where you want to save it file "Chrome Passwords.csv".
6. Passwords will be saved in the CSV file "Chrome Passwords.csv". You can now use the file to enter your passwords into another program, open the file in Notepad to view the passwords, or print them to save them to a secure location.
7. Finally, you can close Google Chrome.