Recently, the next landline was released version of the openSUSE operating system. According to the development team of the operating system, the new openSUSE Leap 15.2, contains many improvements in security, while also offering some new features. Like the previous version of Leap 15.1, the new operating system will supported for 18 months, starting on the day of its release.
Although many users are unaware of the operating system, this is a very important part of the openSUSE project, which has been developing continuously since 1994. Thanks to the easy management of the system, it has received many awards during its existence. In addition, the operating system comes in many different distributions, for example SUSE Linux Enterprise to meet the needs of each user.
What does the new openSUSE Leap 15.2 offer?
Because this operating system is one of the best systems for developers and developers, new version brings many more tools, which were made to make the job even easier. Some of the most important tools are: The TensorFlow framework, PyTorch ML, ONNX format, Grafana and Prometheus.
In addition, the development team tried to help them users dealing with Container technologies, putting Kubernetes as the default package in this version. This way, they will be able to manage them themselves applications and automation more easily. To be able to handle Kubernetes' new packages, the operating system now contains Helm package manager.
In addition to adding new packages, openSUSE has also received updates on many of the existing packages. Here is a list of the most important of them:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 2
- Linux Kernel 5.3.18
- Xfce 4.14, Plasma 5.18, GNOME 3.34
- Sway 1.4 tiling Wayland compositor
- Mozilla Thunderbird 68.5.0, LibreOffice 6.4, Firefox ESR 68.5.0, GNU Health 3.6.4
- GNU Compiler Collection 9
- PHP 7.4.6
- CUPS 2.2.7 modular printing system
- DNF package manager 4.2.19
- Pagure 5.10.0
In addition, in the operating system there are the following improvements:
- Easier creation of scripts, using the Snapper application.
- Better system performance in WSL2 environment.
- Better system separation between folders / usr / etc and / etc.
- Many improvements to YaST.
More information about openSUSE Leap 15.2, as well as its installation files, can be found at official webpage of the operating system.