AMD recently released 20.5.1 Adrenalin 2020 Edition of driver programs in beta testers and this update focuses exclusively on providing proper support for updating Windows 10 May 2020, also known as version 2004 and 19041.
In the release notes, AMD states that the Adrenalin 20.5.1 driver adds support for graphics programming with hardware, but the point is that the feature is not available for all AMD GPUs.
The feature is currently only available for Radeon RX 5600 and Radeon RX 5700 graphics products. For now, it looks like Ryzen or Vega owners will have to wait longer for better Windows 10 May 2020 XNUMX Update.
The feature essentially allows the GPU to effectively manage VRAM instead of relying on it Windows 10 for him to do it. In a blog post, Nvidia confirmed that some users will benefit from the increased performance and reduced delay in some games after enabling the feature.
After applying the driver update, you can enable the feature by going to Settings> System> Display> Graphics Settings.
If you are planning to get the beta driver to enable the new GPU feature, don't forget that there are also a number of known issues in this information, which include performance issues when using it Microsoft Edge to play video content on multiple screens.
AMD is aware of the following known issues with the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Beta:
- Oculus ™ VR headphones may not display content or may experience severe performance drops with Hardware Scheduling enabled.
- Enhanced Sync can cause a "black screen" when activated in certain games and system configurations. The users who may have problems with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary solution.
- Using the web browser Edge ™ to play video content with a multi-view system configuration can cause it to shut down. systemic after extensive periods of use.
- Performance measurement performance and Radeon WattMan report incorrectly higher than expected speeds in the graphics products of the Radeon RX 5700 series. Performance and power consumption are not affected by this error reference.
- Some games may be intermittently interrupted during the game on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon RX Vega graphics products may have a system error or TDR when performing multiple tasks using Alt + Tab.
- "Desktop corruption" may occur occasionally when HDR is enabled.
- Direct ML Media filters are not currently available in the Radeon Software Media collection for video content or image.
- Some users may still have black screen or system issues during extended game periods.
Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1 Beta software is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
- Radeon and RX 5700 Series Graphics
- Radeon and RX 5600 Series Graphics
You can download the driver from its website AMD.