Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3_ The biggest changes: The changes in the second chapter of Fortnite Season 3 are big. Fortnite's map is almost unrecognizable, there are new challenges, new weapons and more. The failed experiment at the end of last season's event flooded the map, leaving half under the water and, as a result, there are new points of interest, such as sharks, Aquaman And much more. Weapons changes and new Marauder NPC It is only the beginning. Here are the 8 biggest changes to Fortnite that you need to be aware of.
1. Fortnite's new map is submerged in water
Of course the biggest change is the map. Old sites like Frenzy Farm and Pleasant Park have been redesigned and now have inflatable homes, and there are new sites to discover, such as The Fortilla, where you will find one of the new treasures on the island.
2. brand new Battlepass with new rewards
Each season comes with a new Battlepass and that hasn't changed. With Season 3 in the water, it's no surprise that Aquaman is now part of the Fortnite universe. Like the Dead Pool last season comes with its own set of challenges that will unlock over time and their completion will reward you.
3. Sharks and vortices are a new way to travel on the map
Given the water around it, it's no surprise that sharks are arriving on Fortnite Island. These huge beasts roam the waters, so make sure you don't spend too much time on a casual dip, although you can use a fishing rod to get you on the map on water skiing. When not working as a taxi, they can destroy various structures and reach land, so be careful when you are on small islands. If you kill them you will get a new weapon. In addition to sharks, there are now vortices, which are everywhere on the map and if you swim more than one, it will launch you into the air and allow you to use your gliders.
4. Marauders are new NPCs wandering the map and throwing better gear if you beat them
The Marauders look like henchmen from last season, but they are much more agile as they are teleported around the map to cause problems instead of patrolling bases. If you beat a Heavy Marauder you will receive an Epic RPG. However, they are quite strong and appear in small groups without warning, so be careful - if they occur while facing a player, things can become difficult.
5. New treasures and bosses to win
Now that the island has changed, some of the bosses and treasures from last season have been replaced. So, if you want to get your hands on these mythical weapons in season 3, you should visit these locations:
- The Authority - It can be found in the center of Fortnite map and there you will find Jules. If you beat her you will get her Glider Gun - A grappler, her drum gun and the Authority card that will give you access to the treasury.
- Catty Corner - The replacement of the old factory is now the Catty Corner in the G6. Beat the Kit to get the Shotgun, the grenade launcher and the keyboard for the treasury.
- Fortilla can be found at B6 and 7. It is a huge area where you will find Ocean. Defeat him and you will receive his assault rifle, a chug jug and the key card for the treasury.
6. New weapons to try
The new big change in season 3 of Fortnite is the Charge Shotgun that replaces the Vaulted Pump. The P90 is also perfect for giving you an alternative close-up combat option. There's a new Flare Gun and Firefly Jar throw-in to create chaos on the new map, while hunting and sniper rifles are back to give you some range of options. There are also some new mythical weapons: Ocean Burst Assault Rifle, Jule's Glider Gun, Kit Shockwave Grenade Launcher and Kit's Charge Shotgun, as well as Ocean's Bottomless Chug Jug.
7. Cars and trucks are on the road
Vehicles often appear in trailer for the third season, but not in the game. The story of the trailer explains that "by the end of the season, there will be new ways to move", presenting two vehicles - a sport car and a truck. At the moment, however, half the map is flooded, so it will not be very useful. It's a similar story to last season's helicopters that were in the trailer but it took a while for them to appear in the game.
8. Now you can build your own glider with Build-a-brella
At Fortnite this season you can create your new glider with the new Build-a-brella option. In addition to the basic elements such as color, you will be able to change every aspect of your design, such as the top, shaft, canopy, etc.