Recently, Jerry Bezencon, creator of Linux Lite, announced it circulation of the new version 5.0. This version was named Linux Lite "Emerald", and is considered the richest in applications and a complete version of this operating system.
Linux Lite is one of the best "Lightweight" Linux accommodation, and can comfortably replace most systems. In case you want to change your old ones Windows with some Linux distribution, Linux Lite "Emerald" is the perfect solution. Even if you have other features like lubuntu, Linux Lite may seem more useful in some cases.
What changes are there to Linux Lite 5.0 'Emerald'?
As mentioned earlier, version 5.0 is the most complete version of the operating system, and contains several changes in all parts of the system. The following is a list of the most important of them:
- Default UEFI boot mode
- Check the integrity of the file system when starting the system.
- news OEM option in the boot menu.
- Ability to download third-party software during system installation.
- New HiDPI settings.
- More information on hardware information.
- The Cherrytree application has been replaced with the Zim application.
- The Pinta application has been removed.
- Double architecture support.
- bug fixes in the trash.
- Without hidden telemetry.
- GUFW has been replaced with the new FireWallD.
- Firewall status added to Widget.
- The Lite Welcome and Lite User Manager applications were updated to GTK3 and Python3.
- Three new options have been added to the home screen - theme selection, UEFI & Secure Boot, as well as Feedback.
- New Logout options.
- Improvements to software updater notifications.
Complete list of system changes, you can find here..
How to install Linux Live 5.0 'Emerald':
To install and use Linux Lite 5.0 'Emerald', you must first do so λήψη of the installation file. Then create one bootable USB with this file, and follow the instructions from the installation program.