Portable document format, or PDF, is one of the most commonly used file formats by a large number of users to view, edit, and open documents. The reason why this form has attracted the attention of users is related to its universal approach and compatibility on all devices. Those users They often work on PDF files, they may have wanted to merge multiple PDF files into a single file. Therefore, it is useful to mention some basic steps for merging and combining PDF files into different platforms and devices.
How to merge PDF files in Windows 10?
The default view of PDF files in their operating system Windows It comes with limited features and does not allow users to combine PDFs. Instead, users can use software read third party PDF to merge PDF files into Windows 10. Two popular software for this process are recommended.
Adobe PDF Reader
The Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader is one of the most popular PDF readers for Windows 10. Users can merge PDF files into the premium version of Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. In the case of a one-off case, then they may simply benefit from its free trial.
To combine PDF files, the following steps are suggested:
- Launch of Adobe Acrobat DC PDF Reader.
- Go to the "Tools" tab and set the "File Combination" option.
- Click "Add Files" and select the PDF files that a user wants to merge. Each user can merge PDF files as well as combine PDF files and other files. Adobe PDF Reader also offers the option of rearranging files, preferably one user. Once the user has finished rearranging the files in the order he wishes, he must click on "Combining Files" to merge PDF files.
- Click the "Save" button to save the new file.
If a user is regularly involved with PDFs, the Wondershare PDFelement is one of the recommended tools as it increases their productivity. Below are the steps that users can follow to combine PDF files using Wondershare PDFelement in Windows 10 or earlier Windows.
- Launch PDFelement Pro and open any of the PDF arrays that a user wants to merge by dragging it to the main window.
- Go to the "Page" tab and click on the "Insert" option. The user then selects the files he wants to merge.
This tool also allows users to edit or compress merged PDF files.
- Save the file to the desired location by clicking "Save".
If someone uses a computer with MacOS, the process of merging PDF files is quite simple, as the default preview application on Mac devices is equipped with the PDF file combination function.
How to merge PDF files on Mac devices?
- Open the PDF to merge using the Preview application.
- Go to View> Miniature to display thumbnails in the sidebar.
- Select a page thumbnail where you want to import another file to merge PDF files. Select Edit> Insert> File Page> select the PDF you want to add, and then click "Open." Then save the file by clicking on "File" and then selecting "Extract as PDF".
How to merge PDF files on mobile?
If you want to merge PDF files into one mobile device, there are many apps available for devices Android and iOS to complete this process. Here are some of the popular apps that combine PDF files on Android / iOS:
- PDF Converter (iOS / iPadOS)
- PDF Utils (Android)
- PDF Merge (Android)
- PDF Merger Lite (iOS)
How to merge PDF files online?
Sometimes, you may want to merge PDF files quickly. In such cases, you can use online PDF combination tools.
Some of the notable tools for merging PDF files on the internet are:
- Combine PDF
These are the free online tools for merging PDF files and there are many similar tools available in Internet for this purpose.