You have been lucky enough to forget him code of an encrypted ZIP? Have you ever downloaded a locked file without knowing its decryption code? Fortunately, there are some applications, which can help you find or remove the unknown code. They inform you that the process is difficult for most systems. In other words, the program can run for a long time before it is completed.
Step 1) Prepare the system:
- The first thing you need to do is do it λήψη an application that will help you remove the lock file code. We inform you that by downloading and installing the application, there is a risk of infecting your computer with a virus. Proceed at your own risk.
- It would be good to close all of them applications that you do not use. As mentioned above, the process takes a long time, so it's a good idea to free up your system resources.
- Put the locked file on the desktop.
Step 2) John the Ripper.
- Johs the Ripper is a free CLI application that can be used to find lost passwords.
- Download and open the John the Ripper ZIP file.
- Unzip the file.
- Find the unzipped folder, copy it to desktop, and then name it "john".
- Move the ZIP file to the John The Ripper folder.
- Open a Command Prompt.
- Enter the "run" folder of John the Ripper. You can do this by typing:
cd desktop / john / run
- Enter the boot commands of the application, which are:
- zip2john.exe name.zip> name.hash
- zip2john.exe name.hash
Note: By typing the commands, you need to replace the name with the name of your file.
- Run the program. This is done by typing:
- john.exe –pot = name.pot –wordlist = john / run / password.lst name.hash
- Once the program is complete, you will see "Session Complete". Enter the following command to view the file code (if found):
- type name.pot
Step 3: Select purchased software.
- By choosing to buy an app, you earn some advantages, such as fewer restrictions and better performance of the application.
- It is advisable to choose an application that can use the various brute-force techniques. Some good options are: Advanced Archive Password Recovery, Zip Password Recovery Professional, and ZipKey.
- Buy and download the application of your choice.
- Install and open the application.
- Select the locked ZIP file.
- Select a search method. If there is a "brute force" option, we recommend that you use it.
- Start the search.
- After the process is complete, you will see the ZIP file code.