The majority of them flagship smartphones are powered by the processor 865 Snapdragon SoC and as expected, Qualcomm plans to release Snapdragon 875 for flagship smartphones of the following year. In accordance with 91Mobiles, the Snapdragon 875 will be the first 5nm laptop processor to be released by Qualcomm. Qualcomm's Snapdragon 875 will include, among its features, a modem-RF X60 5G system. However, it is not yet clear whether the construction company chip will integrate once again 5G modem, as he did in SD 865.
Named the SM8350, Qualcomm's first 5nm laptop processor, the Snapdragon 875, is expected to include a number of features. Indicatively, it will include the following:
- 3G / 4G / 5G modem compatible with mmWave
- Adreno 660 But by the full GPU acceleration tech
- Adreno 665 VPU
- Adreno 1095 DPU
- Kryo 685 CPU based on Arm v8 Cortex
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Low power audio subsystem in conjunction with WCD9380 and WCD9385 Aqstic Audio Technologies audio encoder
- Exterior 802.11ax, 2 × 2 MIMO and Bluetooth Milan
- Image processor Spectra 580
- Snapdragon Sensors Core technology
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
However, the information that has been leaked so far makes no mention of improving performance on the company's upcoming portable device processor. However, according to the available information, the new Snapdragon 875 processor will look like its predecessor, but at the same time it will be something different, since it will be created with the new 5nm manufacturing method. Qualcomm is expected to release the Snapdragon 875 sometime in 2020, if all goes according to plan, and we'll see the new processor included in almost all flagship devices next year. Finally, some information has been leaked, according to which Qualcomm has canceled the release of Snapdragon 865+ for 2020, while there are some scenarios, which state that the chip company may release both SD 865+ and SD 875 in in 2021.