As technology evolves, there are more and more hacking incidents, especially on social media accounts. Even the account of its founder Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, was a victim of "hacking". From time to time, many questions about "hacking" arise. The most basic question that is usually asked is why hackers breach accounts. So an enlargement is necessary. Specifically, there are two main reasons for hacking activities. One reason is related to the desire to show one's abilities against prominent personalities, while the second is related to the desire to steal personal and sensitive information from users.
As for the “hacking” incident on his account Mark Zuckerberg, this probability belongs to the first category. However, there are numerous "hacking" incidents due to the second reason. Therefore, it is worth mentioning some ways in which users can ensure that their personal data is secure.
Initially, when a user becomes a victim of a "hacking" attack, they will have to change their password. It should however be made clear that this is only possible if hacker has not changed the user's password when it violated their account.
If the hacker has changed the user's password then the second one should try to reset his password using the "Forgot password". This can only be done if the hacker has not changed the user's email in their account.
In case the hacker has changed it e-mail user, the second should notify his friends that his account has been hacked and warn them not to open the links that will be sent to them from his account.
If a user has the same password for other services, such as email and e-banking , should change the password immediately.
In addition, he should report to the social media site that his account has been hacked and that he will help him recover it.
Of course there are also cases where a user's account may be accidentally used by a hacker. If this happens, the user can report the cybercrime to the police.
Another question users often ask is how to protect themselves from social media hackers. So in order for users to secure their information on social media, they should do the following:
- First, they have to create unique passwords, that is, each account they have on a social media set up a separate password.
- Second, they should trigger two-factor verification. The tools 2FA usually send a password to the users cell phone as a secondary authentication mechanism.
- Third, users should pay close attention to and consider unusual activities. They should configure the email alert option in their account to receive alerts when there are unusual or suspicious browsing activities, such as logging into their account from a new location or unsuccessful password attempts.
- Fourth, users should check the address URL. Before logging into a social media account, they need to make sure they have access to the correct URL (SSL).
- Fifth, they should regularly check. Even if they do not actively use their social media account, they will still need to log in and check their account regularly for any unusual activity.
- Sixth, they have to report the "hacking" attack they have received. If they find out that their account has been hacked, they can use the Report option on Social Media to report "hacking".
- Finally, it is very important to report the incident to the police in case the hacker starts using or compromising the information in their account.