In this article you will learn how to open Crystal Reports .rpt files in using the free SAP Crystal Reports Viewer.
Steps: 1: Go to http://www.crystalreports.com/crystal-viewer/ one by one web browser. This is the download address for SAP Crystal Reports Viewer, a free Windows and Windows application MacOS, which opens .rpt files.
* If you are using a Mac, you will first need to install Legacy Java Runtime 6 before installing the Crystal Reports viewer. You can find it for free at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US .
2: Download the installation file.
* To start downloading, fill out the form (e-mail, country, version), and then click Free Download.
* Click the Install Package link for your operating system.
* Save the file to computer you.
3: Install the SAP Crystal Reports Viewer. The downloaded file is a zip file, so unzip it into a folder. Then, open the Data_Units folder, where you will find the installer for Windows and macOS.
* Windows: Double-click CRRViewer.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
* macOS: Double-click Crystal Reports 2016 Viewer.dmg, drag the icon to the folder Applications and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
4: Open the SAP Crystal Reports 2016 Viewer. It is found in applications at startup (Windows) and in the folder applications (MacOS).
5: Press “I agree”. You will only need to do this the first time you run it application.
6: Click on “Browse for report” . It is under the "Open". This opens your computer's file search program.
7: Open the folder containing the .rpt file.
8: Click on the .rpt file to select it.
9: Click on "Open" . This opens the .rpt file in the program.