Aircrack-ng 1.6 has been released with new features and many improvements in speed, memory usage and refresh rate. Aircrack-ng contains a complete set of tools for assessing Wi-Fi network security.
The tool focuses on many areas of WiFi security such as packet download, repetitive attacks, Wi-Fi structure control and drivers' capabilities for injection.
The most notable change with the new release is the pace update with the new version "take into account the complexity of 802.11n / ac and calculate the maximum rate that AP can achieve".
It now includes the basic support UTF-8 for ESSID, so that it correctly displays the WPA3 or OWE network.
Aircrack-ng is capable of loading PCAP and these outputs could be formatted in CSV / netxml format, but the signal level was not displayed, which has been fixed with the new version.
“Other huge improvements have been made. The code has been cleaned, doubled (Pull Request 2010), reshuffled (Pull Request 2032), which has led to many fixes. ”
Errors with CentOS 7 have been fixed by providing one script for installing it from source and simplifying the creation system.
Other fixes and improvements
- Along with some fixes, Airmon-ng now handles more network administrators. You do not need to run the airmon-ng control for network administrators who keep restarting.
- Airdecap-ng can now decrypt both sides of the conversation when using WDS.
- As usual, we updated the WPE patches for freeradius and HostAPd.
- Η Python 2 is not supported by January 1 and now all scripts support Python 3. If you are still running Python 2, don't worry, it is still compatible with previous ones publications.
- Aircrack-ng contains fixes for some conflicts and other incompatibilities, as well as improved CPU detection in some cases (-u option).
Aircrack-ng recently added packages created to buildbots for a bunch of different distributions: Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, SLES, OpenSuse, Fedora, RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux and Elementary OS. Fixed distribution packages will be available shortly, as we read from the Aircrack-ng release notes.
How to do the installation
To download: https://github.com/aircrack-ng/aircrack-ng