Here's how to transfer your computer's WiFi connection to your smartphone. You can do this on any computer with a Wi-Fi network adapter installed, which means you won't be able to use many desktops for this process. Keep in mind that this process is different from using them data of your smartphone as a Wi-Fi network on your computer. If its a Wi-Fi adapter computer it doesn't allow you to create a hotspot, you can use Connectify to broadcast WiFi.
Method 1: Using Windows 10 Settings
1) Press Start. Click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen.
2) Open Setting. Click the "Settings" tool on the bottom left of the "Start" menu. The Settings window will open.
3) Click on the Network & Internet Image. It is the sphere icon in the middle of the Settings window.
4) Tap the Mobile Hotspot tab. This is on the left side of the window.
5) Click on the gray button “Mobile hotspot”. Clicking on that button will activate it which means your computer is now transmitting your connection to Internet.
6) Check the network name and password. At the center of the page, see the "Network name" and "Network password" headers to specify the name and password for the mobile hotspot. The network name should be the name of your computer and the password should be your usual network password.
7) Connect the smartphone to the WiFi network. Now that the WiFi hotspot is set up on your computer, you can connect through your smartphone's WiFi menu:
iPhone - Open your iPhone image under Settings, tap WiFi, tap the host hotspot name, enter the password, and tap Join.
Android - Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap and hold the WiFi icon, hit the host hotspot name, enter the password, and press JOIN or CONNECT.
Method 2: Using Connectify
1) Make sure you have a wireless adapter installed. You can check if your computer has a built-in WiFi adapter by doing the following:
- Open Start
- Type the command prompt, and then click Command Prompt.
- Type “netsh wlan show drivers” and press Enter
- Wait for your adapter information to appear. If "The Wireless AutoConfig Service Is Not Running" appears, you do not have a wireless adapter installed.
2) Download the Connectify installation file. Connectify is a free application you can use to broadcast your computer's WiFi over short distances:
- Go to https://www.connectify.me/ in your computer's web browser.
- Click the purple Download button.
- Click the Continue to Download button.
3) Install Connectify. Once the λήψη of the Connectify installation file, you can install it by double-clicking it, and then do the following:
- Click Yes when prompted.
- Click I Agree.
- Click Agree
- Check the “Reboot now” box.
- Click Finish.
4) Wait for the restart of your computer. After you start your computer, you can proceed to the next steps.
5) Open Connectify if necessary. Double-click the “Connectify Hotspot 2018” icon on your desktop.
- Skip this step if the Connectify window opens automatically.
6) Click on the Try it Out button. It's a purple button at the bottom of the Connectify app window.
7) Tap on the WiFi hotspot tab. This is at the top of the Connectify window.
8) Change your password if needed. In the "Password" text box, delete the existing text and enter the password you want to use for your network.
- You cannot change the network name in the free version of Connectify.
9) Click the Start Hotspot button. It's at the bottom of the window.
11) Connect the smartphone to the WiFi network. Now that the WiFi hotspot is set up on your computer, you can connect through your smartphone's WiFi menu:
iPhone - Open your iPhone settings, tap WiFi, tap the host hotspot name, type it password and click Connect.
Android - Swipe down from the top of the screen, tap and hold the WiFi icon, select your own, enter your password and press JOIN or CONNECT.