How can a developer protect his software API? Its ever-increasing evolution technology intensifies trend systems breach security to an alarming degree. In other words, software systems have to face higher flat and a higher incidence of illegal activities activities and violations. It is therefore necessary to inform the public about trends in security breaches, detection and their elimination.
- Object Authorization Level: in such a case the probabilities of hackers invade control systems and gain access at database.
- User Authentication: when h procedure the identification is not done correctly, given ability hackers to invade and steal user's personal information.
- Excessive report data: this is when developers tend to expose them all properties objects, without paying particular attention to individual sensitivity while not filtering the data before displaying it to the user.
- Lack of resources and restriction cost: usually, API software does not impose the necessary restrictions on the amount of resources that can be requested by the user. This can not only affect its performance server API, leading to its rejection service (DoS), but it also leaves open the possibility of a breach of authentication.
- Wrong functions: where there is no clear separation between administrative and tactical functions as well policies access control, with different hierarchies, groups, and roles, increases the likelihood of software breach.
- Bulk assignment: occurs when data properties are not properly checked.
- Security Misconfiguration: this defect appears when open, incomplete or ad-hoc settings are open Save cloud, incorrect HTTP headers, superfluous methods HTTP, allowed common resource use (CORS) containing sensitive information.
- Injection: Injection-related errors, such as SQL, NoSQL, and Injection, often occur when unreliable data, are sent to an interpreter as part command or query.
- Inappropriate Assets Management: APIs expose more endpoints, with proper and up-to-date documentation, a very important feature.
- Inadequate Logging & Monitoring: when there is a deficiency in recording and monitoring, the consequence is inefficient and inefficient completion and reporting of incidents.
There are however some basics things which software security must have in order to avoid violations. Undoubtedly, hackers are always looking occasions and "holes" to breach various security systems and software. They achieve this to a great extent as there are always gaps and errors in security systems. Software security companies should therefore be properly informed of the prevailing trends in software security breaches and ensure that the staff their. Once one emerges problem, the software needs to be analyzed and restored. Finally it is important to do many tests and have powerful tools that they can find error and fix it.