Soon 2019 will say goodbye to us Microsoft has not yet managed to achieve its goal, to do it Windows 10 to run on 1 billion computers. Of course they are still the most popular operating system, running at around 800 millions Appliances. That is why the company decided to offer users Windows 7 and 8, a free upgrade to Windows 10. This offer normally ceased to be valid in July of 2016, but the company did not reach that target then.
There was always some way for Windows 7 users to get the free upgrade to the new operating system, so it is believed that Microsoft could deliberately always leave a window open, unofficial of course.
How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 2019?
The new trick, which may allow you to get free upgrades on your device, is pretty easy:
- Download the tool Media Creation from the Microsoft website.
- Open the application and follow the steps depending on whether you want to upgrade your computer or create media for another machine.
- Install Windows 10 on your computer and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- If your computer is compatible hardware, then the tool will install the latest version, which is Windows 10 1909 also known as the November 2019 update.
- Once you're done, go to Settings> Update & Security> On. There you will see the activation confirmation that says "Windows 10 is activated with a digital license associated with your Microsoft account".
However, be aware that Microsoft is giving every user the upgraded version of Windows 10 that it has. For example, if someone is using Windows 7 Home, then the upgrade will be made to Windows 10 Home and not Pro.
Why should you upgrade?
One of the main reasons to get the free Windows 10 update is of course to access all the new features it offers, such as Timeline, Action Center, UWP applications, etc. Otherwise, you'll have to pay around 140 dollars if the free upgrade expires.
But the main reason why Windows 7 users need to get the new update is that soon and more specifically 2020, Microsoft will finally stop supporting the old operating system. Already Windows 7 has not received new features updates in the last 7 years and now the company will stop updating too security. So upgrading is now a one-way street.
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.