On 12 November 2018 at UNESCO Internet Governance Forum (IGF), President Emmanuel Macron inaugurated This makes it a perfect choice for people with diabetes and for those who want to lose weight or follow a balanced diet. Paris Call aimed at enhancing confidence and security in cyberspace. This initiative to develop common cyber-security principles has already received support 564 official supporters: 67 states, 139 international organizations and social organizations as well as private sector 358 entities.
Τι είναι το Paris Call and what is it trying to achieve?
In essence, France reaffirms its support for an open, secure, stable, accessible and peaceful cyberspace which is an integral part of life in all its social, economic, cultural and political aspects.
It also confirms that international law - including the United Nations Charter as a whole - and international humanitarian law apply to the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) by states. Confirms users' rights to Internet international human rights law must be protected and enforced.
Paris Call confirms that international law, together with the rules of responsible state behavior during peace, trust and capacity building under the United Nations program, constitute the the foundation for international peace and security in cyberspace.
Condemns them malicious activities cyberspace in times of peace, especially those that have a significant impact on individuals and critical infrastructures and seek to improve their protection.
It also welcomes the efforts of States and non-state actors to provide unbiased support to victims of ICT misuse, during or outside an armed conflict.
Recognizes its threat crime cyberspace requires more effort to improve the security of the products we use, to strengthen our own defenses against criminals and to promote cooperation between all stakeholders, inside and outside national borders. The Budapest Convention on Cybercrime is an essential tool.
Recognizes the responsibilities of key stakeholders in the private sector Europe on improving confidence, security and stability in cyberspace and initiatives aimed at enhancing the security of digital processes, products and services.
It welcomes cooperation between governments, the private sector and society with the aim of creating new cybersecurity standards that allow for improved cyber protection. It recognizes that all actors can support a peaceful cyber space by encouraging responsible and coordinated disclosure of a vulnerability.
Call Paris emphasizes the need to broaden the scope digital collaboration and increasing the capacity building efforts of all stakeholders and initiatives that support the resilience and capabilities of users.
In addition, it recognizes the need for an enhanced approach and additional efforts to reduce cyber risks and build confidence.
To this end, Call Paris reaffirms France's willingness to cooperate, within existing forums and through the competent bodies, institutions, mechanisms and processes, to assist and implement cooperative measures, for the purpose of:
- Prevention and recovery from malicious activities cyberspace that threaten or cause significant impacts on critical individuals and infrastructures.
- Prevent activity which deliberately and substantially damages the general availability or integrity of the public Internet kernel.
- Capacity building to prevent malicious interference by outsiders in order to undermine electoral processes and malicious activities in cyberspace.
- Preventing theft of intellectual property through ICT, including the sale of sensitive intelligence, with the intent of providing competitive advantages to companies or businesses.
- Developing ways to prevent the spread of malicious ICT tools and practices that cause harm.
- Enhancing security digital processes, products and services throughout their lifecycle and supply chain.
- Support efforts for enhancing security in cyberspace for all players.
- Taking of measures to prevent non - state actors, including the private sector, from hacking-back.
- Promote the widespread acceptance and application of international rules of responsible conduct as well measures to build cyber confidence.
In order to follow up the progress made in promoting these issues in appropriate existing forums, France wants to reconnect to the Paris Peace Forum at 2019 and the Internet Governance Forum in Berlin at 2019.
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.