Instagram, though, is one means of social networking, which has grown tremendously in recent years because it enables its users to communicate and share with each other photos and videos, however, can sometimes be maliciously used by some users, which makes it imperative to know how to protect them.
Some basic things you should know are:
- Each Profile Instagram is public to everyone, which can be changed through app settings. You can modify the settings for your posts by setting them to private. This setting automatically means that if anyone wants to access your posts, they should first request a friendship. So it is advisable to set your profile private and choose who can contact you.
- Through the use of hashtags, photos and videos are categorized according to their content and are visible on the hashtag. Therefore, if you do not want your photos and videos to be publicly available, you can have your profile private or otherwise use hastags. The same is true when using a location in any of your posts.
- If someone insults you on your photo or video, you might want to report it, and for users who may not be real-life people, it is recommended that you block or stop following them.
- You can also delete offensive comments in your photos or videos.
- Even a photo, video, comment or even an account created for intimidation or harassment can be reported through Help Center and is recommended to be done immediately.
- In case someone pretends to be you through account that he has created on Instagram, you can also mention it. Go to the Instagram Help Center, then the Privacy and Security Center, select the "Report Something" section, and then click "Impersonation" Showcase".
- Finally, in case someone steals a photo of you, you can also report it by viewing the same credentials on the Instagram platform
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.