The devices Xiaomi have begun to flood the markets worldwide, as they offer very good features at competitive prices. However, one of the disadvantages is the pre-installed applications MIUI, also known as bloatware.
What is Bloatware on Xiaomi Devices?
The term Bloatware is used for applications smartphone which are locked by the vendor and users cannot remove them. Some well known manufacturers, such as Samsung, Xiaomi, HTC, etc., use this annoying technique of locking their applications on their devices.
If you don't rooting on the device, which is a tedious process, you cannot uninstall or disable bloatware. But there are ways to do this without having to root.
How to uninstall / disable MIUI applications on Xiaomi devices
- MIUI hidden settings
The secret settings of MIUI applications make it easy for developers to perform complex tasks with just a few taps. For example, they may have access to the notification log, which in the past was a challenge.
The app has tabs for different versions Android, including Android 7, and Android 8 Android 9. You can choose one of the Android versions depending on the MIUI version installed on your Xiaomi device. With the help of hidden settings, you can get rid of some (but not all) preinstalled applications.
- Open the app MIUI Hidden Settings.
- Select the Android version.
- Click on the option Application Management.
- Scroll down and select the application you want to remove from your device.
- Click on “Deactivation"Or"Uninstall"
- Then click on the "Disable application”In the pop-up window.
- ADB and Fastboot
Removing bloatware using ADB and Fastboot works on almost all Android devices.
The only difficulty is that it requires a lot of technique. You must either follow the steps accurately or know ADB and Fastboot in advance.
- On your Android device, go to Settings ⇒ System τικά About phone ⇒ Tap Build Number five times to enable Developer options
- Navigate to developer options at System Settings στε Turn on USB debugging
- Connect the Android device via USB cable and switch from "Charge only" to "File transfer" mode.
- Go to the directory where you exported the ADB files
- Press Shift + Right-click anywhere in the folder and select "Open Wind Shell Window here”From the popup menu.
- At the command prompt, type:adb devices"
- License your computer to use Android device connection via the USB debugging box.
- Again, type the same command. This will give "authorization" to the command terminal.
- Now type the following command: “adb shell"
- Open App Inspector on your device and search for the exact name of the application package.
- Alternatively, you can type “pm list packages”And copy paste to the next command.
- Enter the following command in Windows PowerShell: “pm uninstall –k —user 0 <name of the package> ”
If you come across any errors, you can simply restore the Xiaomi phone and device and it will return to normal.
Is it safe to remove Xiaomi Bloatware?
It depends! Xiaomi itself recommends not following such practices as they are not safe.
Apart from this, removal of Xiaomi bloatware can also be achieved by rooting the phone. In fact, this is a difficult method if you do not know what to do. The failed rooting process can spoil it phone you.
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.