When we talk about archiving files in one computer, the first form that comes to mind is zip. The next most popular form of archiving is RAR. But it's easy to open a zip file on devices Windows and Poppy, as there are tools built into both operating systems for this purpose, there is no such tool for opening an RAR file.
If you would like to open a RAR file on your Windows or Mac computer, follow these steps.
How to open a RAR file in Windows?
As we said before, there is no built-in tool in operating system for Windows to open RAR files, therefore, you must use a third-party tool to do so.
Among the most popular tools of this type is WinRAR, which is the most popular because of its ease of use and features.
- Go to Windows Explorer and select the RAR file you want to open.
- Right-click on the selected file / folder and select 'Open with WinRAR'to export RAR files.
How to open a RAR file on a Mac?
As with Windows devices, as with Macs, there is no option to open a RAR file without installing a RAR file. application third-party manufacturer. If you want to export the contents of such a file to a Mac, there are several popular software that you can try such as Unarchiver, WinZip, iZip and UnRarX.
After downloading the software of your choice and installing it, you should perform the following steps:
- Go to Finder and select the file or folder with extension .rar you want to open.
- Right-click and under 'Open with', select the software you have downloaded, e.g.The Unarchiver'
- The file will be exported and you can now see its contents by simply opening it.
Easily export RAR files