On Apple devices this process is very simple and the cloud clipboard feature that enables this is also available on Windows 10. Fortunately, Google is finally bringing this feature to its users, as well Chrome Canary.
How to try Cloud Clipboard in Google Chrome Canary?
This feature is available in Chrome Canary, which is an unstable version intended for testing developers. So, you must first download it if you have not already installed it.
- Download it last edition of Chrome Canary on both your PC (Windows, MacOS) and your Android device.
- Sign in with the same Google Account in both.
- Go to Chrome: // flag type Clipboard in the search bar.
- Enable the following flags:
- Clipboard sync service
- Turn on the receiver to operate the shared clipboard
- Enable the shared clipboard attribute signals to operate
- Restart Chrome Canary.
Now the copy-paste feature has been activated. You can for example send a text to another computer running Chrome or an Android device.
How to share a text?
On your PC:
- Select the text you want to sync over the cloud.
- Right click select Send text to [device name].
- Open any text field in any application on your phone
- Press and hold and select Paste.
On your Android phone:
- Open Chrome Canary.
- Select any piece of text by tapping and holding it.
- Select Common use and "Send text to your devices«.
- Then select the device from the list.
After that, a notification will appear on your computer and the text will be automatically copied to the Windows Clipboard (or macOS Clipboard). So you can simply paste it anywhere on your computer.
The feature is expected to arrive on the upcoming Chrome 79.
How useful was this post?
Average rating / 5. Vote count: