Botnets are often used for theft cryptocurrencies. In fact it is one of the most profitable businesses of hackers. Researchers believe that more and more computers will become infected with cryptomining software.
What are botnet?
The word botnet comes from the words robot and network. The botnet is one a network of computers infected by hackers with malware. Their purpose is to perform tasks (at Internetwithout the permission and knowledge of the victims. When a bot is attacked on a computer, its operator can take control of the device as well as other devices on the botnet.
Botnets are very popular among hackers because they can be used by many scams. They can be used for spam distribution emails, for spreading viruses, for theft of data, for attacks on computers and servers and other.
How Can Your Computer Become Part One? botnet;
The ways in which a computer can become part of a botnet are the same as the ways in which it can be infected by malware.
These include open email attachments, containing malware, visit websites with malicious content and more.
How are they created?
They need to create a botnet as infected as possible Appliances or "bots". It is important to have many devices because the effect is greater then. Usually, the goal is to make money, spread malware, or just cause problems on the internet.
How to protect yourself from them botnet;
- Regularly update your operating system.
- Before installing an antivirus program, be sure to uninstall the previous one.
- Do not open links found in emails and social media unless you know the sender.
- Do not open the attachments you find in an email unless you know the sender.
- Beware of USB devices (eg memory, external hard drives, MP3 etc.) and CDs / DVDs, as they can carry malware.
- Be careful when downloading freeware.
- Invest in trusted software and make it regular updates.