In times like the one we live in, digital and very fast, if not all of us have accounts that are never used by anyone. They are accounts for sites which at the beginning we were very interested, but after a while we forgot them. Or accounts for free trials, which we did not have time to deal with. Or accounts at on-line shops but that was not what we finally expected.
Many could say that these old accounts do not cause any problems, since no one uses them, and in some cases this is true. But the existence of many inactive logins can potentially cause problems in its field security.
In case hackers attacking the database, not only would they discover personal user information such as address E-mail or even home address, but could show the way for your most important account. This can happen if you use a common username and password for different services, which is not recommended for that very reason.
So wise tactics is to arrange your digital bills, especially those that are no longer used.
- For starters, try to bring such accounts into your memory and do a research on your mobile apps. Delete those that are no longer active.
- The next step can only be to search your email. This may be time consuming if you consider how many emails you receive every day in general, and how much you receive when creating an account.
- Then go to your accounts at Facebook, Twitter, Google. Examine the apps and services you've linked to these accounts. If you unlink the accounts from there, you are actually closing the way to your main accounts, you do not delete them completely.
- Finally, do not forget to take a look at the programs you use to manage them passwords. These may show some accounts you forgot.
At this point, to emphasize that it is not enough just to get an application from your mobile to turn it off, it is a basic requirement.
- If you can not remember them credentials for the account, give yourself some time to reset the password provided by each service.
- If you want to keep your account history, look in the backup or export options.
- Deleting your accounts permanently will vary by service and app. This can be helped by a simple internet search or databases like this JustDeleteMe.
- Read carefully your information, especially when it comes to conservation policies data.
- Wait for the confirmation message and you're done.