These users stated that new tabs continue to open in their browsers automatically or when they click on links. Learn how to fix it with the following steps:
Why does my browser just open a new tab?
Clean Adware with AdwCleaner
1. The fact that browsers automatically open multiple tabs is often due to malware or adware. Therefore, scanning for adware with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner can resolve the tab's automatic opening.
2.Users can download Malwarebytes on Windows by clicking the "Free Download" button on this utility's page, here..
3. Run the app
5. Restore your browser
1. The browser reset can also correct the opening of multiple tabs automatically as it will deactivate (or remove) their extensions, delete the browsing data (which may include virus scripts) and returns them to the default settings their. To restore Google Chrome, type 'chrome: // settings' in the row URL browser and press Return.
2. Click the "Advanced" button.
3. Then do it scroll down and click Restore settings in the original default configuration.
1. Open it Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click Refresh Firefox on the Refresh Firefox page.
Internet Explorer 11
2. Click Internet Options to open the window that appears just below.
3. Press the Reset button on the Advanced tab.
4. Click Reset to confirm.
Reinstall your browsers
1.Some users may need to reinstall their browsers to fix the tabs they keep opening error, which will fix the corrupted installations. To do this, start Run by pressing Windows + R.
2. Next, users can open the uninstaller by typing 'appwiz.cpl' in Run and clicking OK.
3.Choose the browser you want to remove.
4. Click Uninstall.
5. Select Yes to provide further confirmation.
6.Then restart Windows after uninstalling the browser.
7. Download the latest version of the browser from its website. Then reinstall the browser.
Reset Content Type Actions
1. This is a possible solution especially for Firefox users. Try customizing your content type settings by clicking the Open menu button in Firefox and selecting Options.
2.Then click the General tab.
3.Go to the Applications section that appears immediately below.
4. Select the content types listed there to select alternatives for them in the Actions column. Select the "Always ask" action for content types.