One of the most important features of Windows 1903 10 (May 2019 version) is Sandbox. Sandbox is a Windows 10 virtual machine that allows you to control various programs, extensions, sites, without the risk of contamination of the normal operating system. Sandbox is the ideal choice for those who want to be safe without installing a specific virtual machine program, such as VirtualBox, Hyper-V or VMWare.
Install the Sandbox
- Version 10 Pro or Enterpise build 1903 or later. It can also be installed in Windows 10 Home, but more work is needed.
- Architecture AMD64
- Virtualization capabilities in BIOS
- At least 4GB RAM
- At least 1 GB of free disk space
- CPU 2 kernels at least
Steps to Install Windows Sandbox:
- Click on the "Start" button and search for "Windows Features". Then click on "Turn Windows features on or off control panel".
- When the "Windows Features" control panel opens, go down and tick off next to the "Windows Sandbox" tab. Then, tap OK.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to restart.
- Windows Sandbox is now installed.
You can use Sandbox by clicking "Start" and then "Windows Sandbox".
The first time it may take some time to load.
With Sandbox, you can transfer them archives, you want to check. Transport is simple. Find the file you want in the main Windows operating system, right-click the file and click Copy.
Then go to Sandbox (Guest), right-click on the desktop and press Paste. The transfer has taken place.
Sandbox is a very useful tool, since everything you do does not affect your computer.
Windows Sandbox is very easy to use, even for users who do not have a lot of knowledge on computers. He also does his job very well.
However, some corrections are needed. For example, it would be good to have their attachments examined E-mail, which are Word or Excel files. These are often used by hackers to distribute malware such as ransomware, bank trojans and much more.
Unfortunately, if you want to check an Office file, such as Word and Excel files, you need to install Office in Sandbox.
Microsoft should include some way to test malicious attachments. With this addition, Sandbox will be the perfect tool.