Η microsoft released the long awaited chromium based Edge browser in preview release for users who want to try it. If you have not already installed the new Microsoft Edge, go to the Microsoft Edge Insider site to perform download it Developer or his Canary build your browser on your computer.
The new chromium based Edge not only adopts the Chrome engine but it fully supports all of them Chrome extensions from the Chrome Web Store. The ability to download and install extensions Chrome is turned off by default, but you can turn it on by going to the page Edge: // extensions /
How to Install Chrome extensions on Edge:
- Download and install Microsoft Edge Insider (Dev or Canary) build on Windows 10 PC.
- Start Microsoft Edge Dev (or Canary) on your computer.
- Click the three-point menu (...) on the toolbar and select extensions from the available options or go to edge: // extensions / directly from the address bar.
- In the lower right panel, enable the "Allow extensions from other stores" switch.
- Accept the terms.
- Open chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions in your browser.
- Select an extension and click Add to Chrome button to install it on the Edge.
You are ready to try out the new possibilities.